USA SEO On Air

All important seo news

The Latest from One Man's Blog

Written by Samuel on 6:20 AM

The Latest from One Man's Blog

Link to One Mans Blog

Improve Your Writing With Conservation of Words

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 12:56 AM CDT

fresh-fish-sold-here-sm.jpgYears ago while attending the University of Texas at Dallas I took a government class with Dr. Judy Bundy (though I don’t think she’s at UTD anymore). Anyway, she related this story on the chalkboard to the class one day and it stuck in my head as one of the most brilliant analogies I’ve ever heard.

Here is Dr. Bundy’s story:

There was a man sitting beside a pickup truck on the side of the road not far from the ocean. The back of the truck was overflowing with fish and about 50 yards before the truck he had posted a sign which read, “FRESH FISH SOLD HERE”.

(more…)

One Man’s Weekly Links - November 2, 2007

Posted: 02 Nov 2007 12:11 AM CDT

14 Year Old Crashes Dad’s BRAND New Mustang

Posted: 01 Nov 2007 01:14 AM CDT

Brand New Mustang Wrecked!As a car lover, this is just painful to watch. But as a guy, it’s freakin hilarious!

Here is the setup… some guy literally just brought a brand new Ford Mustang home from the dealership. His family is out in the driveway looking at it and comparing it to his old classic Mustang sitting right beside the new one.

About this time, the 14 year old asks for the keys, and well… you’re going to have to just watch the video.
(more…)

Layered Technologies Announces New CEO!

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 10:20 AM CDT

Layered TechnologiesHere is some exciting breaking news! My former boss, and head honcho over at SAVVIS Communications, Jack Finlayson just took on the role of CEO and Chairman at Layered Technologies, a good sized Web hosting company that also happens to host WordPress - which as we all know is the software I use to run One Man’s Blog!

Folks, this is pretty amazing because Jack is a $Billion company CEO, and he chose to go to Layered Tech. I believe the reason is that one of this companies specialties lies in Grid Computing, which in essense takes a giant farm of computers, straps them together, and sells you as much or little of the power as you need. Kind of the same philosophy as a utility company. You plug in, use what you need, and only pay for that much.
(more…)

OMB’s Performance Problems Resolved!

Posted: 31 Oct 2007 02:18 AM CDT

Dragon Design Sitemap Generator Plugin IssueThanks once again to my good friend Roy Kaldung for yet again saving our ass and keeping One Man’s Blog alive and kicking!

Several of you guys sent me e-mails today notifying me that OMB was down for much of the day. Unfortunately I was tied up for most of the day, but when I did get free I spent a few hours trying to determine what the problem was. Of course, I wasn’t making much progress…

Well, bright and early in Germany (like 6 am mind you!) Roy went to check on the OMB server, then IM’ed me when he noticed it was having issues. After about an hour of heavy duty trouble shooting he finally figured out that the culprit was actually the Dragon Design Sitemap Generator plugin I was using on the site.
(more…)

Sorry About Today’s Outage

Posted: 30 Oct 2007 08:04 PM CDT

Hey, for all of you that have been trying to access the site today, sorry it’s been down for hours. :-( I hadn’t noticed because for the last couple of weeks I’ve been on a super-secret mission. Perhaps I’ll tell you guys what I’ve been up to in the next week or two…

Anyway, the server is obviously back up now, but I’m working on the root cause of why these things are happening. You know, all I want is a freakin server that will just stay up and running all the time! All I do is run this little blog, so why is that so hard to accomplish?!? The site is waaaayy too busy for a managed Virtual Private Server, and even though I bought a ginormous dedicated server that sucker is once again struggling to keep up with demand.

Grrr…

Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book