WatchThatPage: 2 pages changed
Written by Samuel on 7:27 AMView your changes online at http://www.watchThatPage.com/watchChanges.jsp
*******************************************************
Differences in page http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/
*******************************************************
Monday, January 14, 2008
Oops He Did It ... Well ... Once
Danny Sullivan (a.k.a. The Godfather to those of us in the SEO realm) messed
up, kind of. In a post he OK's for the Search Engine Land a couple days
ago titled, "Get A Free Link From Wired" they basically outline how to get
yourself a free link on the wired.com site. I especially love the "don't
be too evil" note which implies that some amount of evil is OK.
Now I'm going to note here before I go on that WIRED IS MODERATED - that's
why they don't use the rel=nofollow. It shouldn't and can't really be sp@mmed
and you're only wasting your time and everyone else's trying to. This was
an oversight in the first article.
Danny today published an apology to wired and to the SEO community. It appears
that the post got quite the attention from a number of SEO's including (of
course) Doug Heil (Mr. My-White-Hat's-Whiter-Than-Yours-Except-When-I'm-Trying-To-Get-My-Way).
It's true the post is a but questionable (as I said ... the "don't be too
evil" quote leaves some room) but let's be honest - we all make errors in
judgement. I posted a blog about rel=nofollow carrying weight. To me it
was an interesting test. The next thing I knew I read a blog on another
site, "Blogspam works but only in large amounts" written about the test.
Not really what I had in mind.
<http://www.threadwatch.org/node/8828>
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/2007/06/relnofollow-test-results.html>
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/2007/06/oops.html>
So let's all forgive Danny the oversight and remember, at worst is was some
great unintentional (?) link baiting. At best, it got us all talking and
pointed out to Wired an issue wither their system that should probably be
addressed (maybe rel=nofollow until it's moderated?)
Good luck to both parties.
You can read more about the hoop-la here.
<http://searchengineland.com/080114-161656.php>
Labels: danny sullivan
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/labels/danny sullivan.html>
SEO news blog post by Dave Davies, CEO at 7:35 PM
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/2008/01/oops-he-did-it-well-once.html>
<http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=11651140&postID=3280459762448522808>
Corporate Branding: Stay At Home Servers
Today while sorting through the daily news I came across a truly bizarre
posting about a Kids book written by Microsoft. So what exactly is the message
of this "Educational kids book", well its to promote their new Windows Home
Server. And its official if a Dadddy loves a mommy, and wants to get her
a special gift, she will love a "Stay at home server", which he can install
himself! But I think thats enough of a spoiler to truly appreciate the book
you must read it your self. Mommy, Why is There a Server in the House?
<http://www.stayathomeserver.com/book.aspx>
But hey at least now you will know why the kids may be making fun of you,
because they're just jealous deep down and wishing their daddies would buy
them a stay at home server...
Congrats Microsoft on some great corporate conditioning branding, and a
fine piece of link bait.
Labels: branding, link bait, microsoft
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/labels/branding.html>
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/labels/link bait.html>
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/labels/microsoft.html>
SEO news blog post by Daryl Quenet at 1:11 PM
<http://www.beanstalk-inc.com/blog/2008/01/corporate-branding-stay-at-home-servers.html>
<http://www.blogger.com/post-edit.g?blogID=11651140&postID=2307006226124821026>
********************************************
Differences in page http://www.seonews.net/
********************************************
January 15, 2008
--
Your profile: http://www.watchthatpage.com/register.jsp?profile=yes
Your pages: http://www.watchthatpage.com/watchPages.jsp
Main page: http://www.watchthatpage.com